Friends of Langley Public Library
The Friends’ mission is to assist our local library with needed funding and volunteers. Our Members advance library awareness, and promote the use of our library and its programs and resources.
Our Friends group was established as a group separate from the Library’s Board of Directors, to bring together members of the community, who have an interest in the strength and success of our public library. Our main focus is promoting our Library, and garnering support for its programs and special features. The Friends of Langley Public Library is a non-profit organization.
Join Us…Won’t You?
Call 918-782-4461 or visit the library for more information.
Donate to the Library
The following are ways in which you can make a significant difference in your public library through a charitable gift of any amount. We’ve provided the information needed to make this process as convenient as possible.
Guidelines for donations
We welcome your gifts and donations. But ask that material meet certain standards.
- Books that are in excellent condition and less than five-years old.
- Books that have outdated information or are worn, torn, stained, yellow, dirty, moldy or dusty, or have personal information written or highlighted in them, are unable to be used either in our collections or at our book sales.
- We do not accept VHS or cassette tapes nor do we collect or attempt to sell rare books.
- While we welcome your book donations, we are unable to promise or notify you of decisions we make about your donations and we are unable to pick your donations up from your residence.
- We do not accept textbooks.
If a book is not added to the library’s collection, every effort will be made to sell the book in one of the library’s book sales.
Donating Money to the Library
Honor Your Loved One with a Donation or Memorial Gift.
A thoughtful and lasting way to celebrate a special person’s life. Bookplates will memorialize your gift.
For more information contact the Library at 918-782-4461.
Every penny counts toward the purchase of books, story-time puppets, and other much-needed items.
Please make check payable to “FOLPL”, you can mail your donation to FOLPL at P.O. Box 655, Langley, OK 74350 or just drop it off at the Library.
Another way to donate is through Amazon Smile. Amazon Smile is a foundation that was established to assist non-profit organizations by donating .5% of purchases to the organizations. For more information go to our Amazon Smile information page at: